The Witness Protection Agency manages a Witness Protection Programme that takes necessary and reasonable actions to protect the safety and welfare of protected persons. This is done through various means including:
- Physical and armed protection
- Relocation; change of identity, or
- Any other measure necessary to ensure the safety of a protected person.
Protection can also be done during court proceedings through:
- Holding in “camera” or closed sessions
- Use of pseudonyms
- Redaction of identifying information
- Use of video link, or
- Employing measures to obscure or distort the identity of the witness.
- Use of witness protection box